Ukrainian Greens Association is a non-governmental non-profit organization fighting for preservation of delicate ecological balance in our country.
We are thw followers of ideological line of the worldwide movement of “greens”, being fully in agreement with their goals and objectives.
Unfortunately, because of the large number of unsolved problems of an economical, political and social issues, environmental issues in Ukraine is payed a disproportionately small amount of attention at all the levels of government.
The goal of our Association is to bring back the environmental issues on the agenda of modern Ukrainian society and contribute to solving urgent problems in this area.
In our opinion, prosperity of the state, as well as its economic and social progress is impossible without appropriate measures to protect the environment.
Modern technocratic society has forgotten that care for nature – is an investment in the future of our children and the guarantee of stable development of economy in the long run.
The current ecological situation in Ukraine requires careful attention from both the government and the citizens. Huge scale of anthropogenic pollution in the East of the country, deforestation in Polesie, lack of clean drinking water in large cities, long-lasting consequences of explosion at the Chernobyl nuclear power plant and many other environmental factors determine deterioration of general health of population of Ukraine, which eventually will affect the economic well-being and national security.
In this context, our Organization carries out the following activities:
– Informing the public about environmental situation in the country, some of its regions and cities;
– Holding of public events and activities in oredr to motivate the local authorities and goverment to protect environment;
– Scientific and journalistic activities;
– Monitoring of current developments and trends in the field of environmental protection in Ukraine and abroad;
– Implementation of public control over activities of industrial enterprises and business entities in Ukraine in terms of respect for human rights in the field of environmental protection.